moving sign


***************************************************************

DN Speak has moved.


Click here to go to DN Speak 2016 for new posts.


***************************************************************


































































Featured: Interviews for the Well-Informed

Featured: Interviews for the Well-Informed

Did you know? After the last post on this page is a link to "Older posts".

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Facing A Budget Crunch, Alabama Cuts Voter ID Access While Keeping State Liquor Stores Open

“I participated in the tail end of the Selma to Montgomery march,” he told ThinkProgress. “I was there when Dr. King asked, ‘How long?’ and the crowd responded, ‘Not long!’ I truly thought we wouldn’t have to wait too long for the right to vote. When the Voting Rights Act was passed in 1965, I thought, ‘It really won’t be long now.’ But here we are 50 years later still fighting for the right to vote. I’m certainly disappointed but I’m going to let that immobilize me. I’m going to keep fighting and I’m asking others to keep fighting too.”
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/11/24/3725385/facing-a-budget-crunch-alabama-cuts-voter-id-access-while-keeping-state-liquor-stores-open/

No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.





Search this blog